If you are a teacher in the GCC (or know of one), please consider joining our students in this exciting project. Currently we have participants from Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia. We are looking for schools in the UAE and Kuwait, but would be happy to include you if you teach anywhere in the GCC. If interested, please see the Contact page and either fill out the contact form there or email Amy O'meara and Luke Meinen.
Project dates are April 23rd - May 31st.
A bit about the project...
The project has three phases:
- Phase 1: Learn about the Gulf Cooperation Council and it’s member countries.
- At the end of the research, students will compete in a Kahoot GCC Trivia Game over Google Hangouts.
- Phase 2: Learn about and present on host country, specifically considering the geographical, cultural, industrial, historical, and environmental interests within the major cities.
- At the end of Phase 2 students will post their presentations for the other schools to view and learn about the other member countries. Students will provide each other with feedback on presentations, as well as use the information to inform their decision about which 10 cities they should choose for their GCC train route.
- Phase 3: Use the information gathered in Phase 2 to create a Google: My Map of chosen locations for the GCC train route. Teams will also create a screen cast to present their train route, along with evidence that supports their choices. Ideally we would have students in groups from different schools to give students the chance to collaborate, much like the teachers have been throughout the project (this decision will be made by participating teachers closer to the start of Phase 3).
- At the end of Phase 3, students will post their presentations and comment on their peers’ projects. Students and Teachers will choose the top presentations to be part of the final Together in the GCC video we share with our school communities and possibly news agencies in the GCC countries.